Retire in 36 Months!
“Yea, right! I’ve been working my whole life, and I still don’t have enough to retire. How am I supposed to do in three years what I haven’t done in the past forty years?”
I empathize with you. I lost it all at age fifty-nine and had to start all over. Can I let you in on a little secret? With determination, a little effort and a track to run on you can do it.
You see, business is a tool. When efficiently applied, a business can take on a life of its own. Look at what you can do. As an example, say you start a consulting firm providing growth and
exit strategies to the independent business owners in your town.
What do you need to get started?
- You need a product and or service to sell.
- You need a strategy to reach the owners with your solution to their problem.
- Then you need to perform the solution at a price your customer can afford.
Spend a year setting up your business to begin generating cash flow. Now, you can move to stage two.
- Hire people to perform the service in your stead.
- Hire people to sell your services.
- Manage the cash flow coming into your business.
Now that you have completed year two and the business is beginning to move on its own (with your oversight), you can:
- Address and fix any weakness in your plan.
- Hire more staff to generate more work and the additional staff to complete the services to your company’s business.
- Take more time off. And begin your full retirement. If you do not want to show up at the office, or can”t because of health issues, hire a competent manager and let them grow the business.
I know this may sound like an over-simplification, but the business growth principles are sound. Work your business tool and it will take care of your retirement needs for the rest of your life and more!